Web Application Developer
We are an energy consulting firm looking to contract a full stack web application developer to continue development on an existing web application.
This is a brownfield project that needs maintenance, feature addition, and potentially participation in migration to a new platform/architecture.
The successful candidate must have at a minimum:
- 2 years experience developing python/Django applications
This project uses several other technologies. Experience is not mandatory but is desirable. At a minimum, the successful candidate will need to acquire ability to use these technologies quickly:
- DevOps with Heroku
- DevOps with AWS S3
- DevOps with Docker
- Provisioning with Puppet
- Database administration of PostgreSQL as Django backing store
- Task scheduling with Celery/Redis
- Distributed version control with git
- Bash-based build system with some gulp tasks
- Front-end development with Backbone.js/Marionette
- RESTful API development with django-tastypie
The key ability for this project is the ability to work with a large existing codebase folding in new features and improving existing ones.
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume if you are interested.